Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Chapter 13 Vocabulary

Complementary
This is a cropped shot I took of a painting I've been working on for the past 2-3 months. I wanted to use a combination of warm and cool colors to express a sort of mixed emotion about the painting's concept and in this particular area, it shows a juxtaposition of blue and orange hues. You can make out a juxtaposition of yellow and purple hues as well. It's hard to tell because this only one section of the painting, but the painting involves a large variety of primary and secondary colors.









Tint
This is also a cropped shot of another painting I've been working on as well. I mixed quite a few hues with white to strongly emphasize the lighter areas of the infant's form. There may also be some optical mixtures in the painting as well.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment